SNAP logo
Nutrition Educator teaching MyPlate activity with participants.


The Hawaiʻi SNAP-Ed program primarily services single adult populations by teaching them ways to live full healthy lives through nutrition education and physical activity. Nutrition education lessons are also available to youth populations in designated areas across the islands. Hawaiʻi SNAP-Ed also offers special projects, like Food to Grow, that address access to healthy foods in various settings.

Food and Money Basics is a practice-based learning curriculum which teaches participants practical life and food skills.

The Hawaiʻi - Food and Lifeskills for Youth (HI-FLY) program engages youth grades 6-12 in healthy eating and active living behaviors to provide the foundation and skills necessary to live a long healthful life.

UH Food to Grow offers free seedling kits and supplies to low-income populations to increase their access to healthful foods and improve vegetable intake by encouraging recipients to start their own produce gardens at home.

"Got EBT?" signage at farmers markets encourages the use of SNAP benefits/EBT to purchase fruits and vegetables.

Explore outdoor places in your community to be active throughout the islands of Hawaiʻi, exercise videos for staying active indoors in the comfort of your home, and other materials to help make physical activity a part of your lifestyle. Find new ways to be active every day!

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (833) 620-1071, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to:

  1. mail:
    Food and Nutrition Service, USDA
    1320 Braddock Place, Room 334
    Alexandria, VA 22314; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider. | 1955 East-West Road #306 | Honolulu, Hawaii 96822 | (808) 956-4124