'Uala 'Ulu Salad
- 1 1/2 cups 'Ulu, peeled, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups 'Uala, peeled, cooked
- 3 Eggs, hard boiled
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Green onion
- 6 tbsp Carrot, shredded
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Wash your ʻuala and ʻulu very well. Depending on the size of your ʻuala, cut them in half. *You want them to be about the same size so they cook evenly. Layout evenly in a large baking dish.
- Quarter your ʻulu and remove the core. Cut down into large consistent chunks and layout evenly in a large baking dish.
- Steam both ʻulu and ʻuala for approx. 20-30 minutes or until you can pierce through with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water boil your eggs for approx. 7 minutes. Remove from water, allow to cool, then peel, and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Crumble the eggs then add mayonnaise, mustard, green onion, shredded carrot, salt, and pepper, mix well. Store in fridge until ready to prepare salad.
- When ʻulu and ʻuala are finished cooking, remove from the oven. When cool enough to handle, remove peels and cut into keiki bite sized pieces.
- Measure and when completely cool, combine ʻulu/ʻuala mixture with egg/mayo mixture until well incorporated.
- Serve 2/3 C chilled.
This snack also makes a great side dish.