Fresh Fish Tacos with Hearts of Palm Salsa
- 8 oz Mahi mahi (or other firm flesh fish), fresh, cut bite-size
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves, minced
- 8 oz hearts of palm, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 avocado, small, diced
- 8 corn tortillas, unsalted
- Marinate fish in salsa, garlic, spices and oil for approximately 10 minutes.
- Combine next 7 ingredients (lime through salt) together in a bowl, reserving the lime juice. Toss well to combine.
- Gently toss avocado into hearts of palm, salsa, taste and add more lime juice if needed.
- In a hot skillet, brown fish on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Heat corn tortillas by steaming or in a microwave, covered with a damp paper towel.
- Top each tortilla with one scoop of fish and hearts of palm salsa. And serve.