Chicken Avocado Salad
- 6 slices Whole wheat bread
- 9 oz Chicken breast, roasted, shredded
- 3 cups Avocado, peeled, pitted, mashed
- 1 ½ cups Corn, fresh
- 1 ½ cups Green onion
- ¾ cup Cilantro, Basil, or Dill
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ tsp Pepper
- Shuck your corn cobs and boil for 5-8 minutes or until the kernels brighten in color. Allow to cool, then cut kernels off cob and set aside.
- Scoop out the avocado into a mixing bowl and mash with a large fork until mostly smooth with a few chunks.
- Finely chop your fresh herbs and add to the bowl.
- Mix in the shredded chicken, corn, lemon juice, green onion, salt and pepper.
- Serve ½ a sandwich with 1 C chicken salad.