- 1 medium bittermelon (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 cup long beans (approximately 7 beans)
- 4 long eggplants (approximately 8 cups)
- 1 cup okra (approximately 8 okra)
- 1⅓ cups wedged tomatoes (approximately 2 medium tomatoes)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup patis (fish sauce)
- ¼ cup dried shrimp (optional)
- 3" piece ginger root, sliced (approximately 3 tbsp)
- Slice bittermelon lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut into 2½ inch lengths. Cut long beans and eggplant into 2½ inch lengths.
- Cut off and discard okra stems, cut into ½ inch lengths.
- In a large saucepot, bring water, patis, ginger and dried shrimp to a boil.
- Add bittermelon and long beans. Then add eggplant, okra and tomatoes. Cover and cook on medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes, occasionally tossing vegetables, until tender.