Kabocha Squash, Shallot, and Rosemary Saute
- 2-3 lb kabocha squash peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp shallots, sliced
- 1 ½ tsp fresh rosemary minced
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper, ground, or to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- Steam diced squash for five minutes. Cool and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the shallots and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until just beginning to brown.
- Add squash and sauté for about 10 -12 minutes until tender but not mushy. Add rosemary, salt, pepper and butter.
- Toss well and serve immediately, or keep warm until ready to serve.