Fresh Hamakua Tomato and Kahuku Corn Salad
- 4 cups fresh Kahuku corn, with kernels cut off
- 2 cups ripe Hamakua tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup black olives, cut in half
- ¼ cup thinly (slivers) sliced sweet maui onion
- ½ cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1 tsp garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white balsamic or red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2 cups manoa or green leaf lettuce
- Toss all ingredients except lettuce together in a large bowl and set aside for 1 hour to allow flavors to develop and absorb into the vegetables.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.