- 1 medium green papaya (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced (approximately 2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (approximately 3 tsp)
- 2 tbsp crushed ginger (2 inch piece)
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thigh
- ¼ cup patis (fish sauce)
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups malunggay leaves, cleaned, stems removed
- Peel papaya skin, cut and remove seeds. Cut papaya into 1-inch cubes.
- In a deep soup pot, heat oil and sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic and ginger and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add chicken pieces and patis to the pot. Cook for 3 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add water and papaya. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until papaya is tender.
- Turn off heat. Add marungay leaves, cover for 1-2 minutes.
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.