Chap Chae (Noodles with Beef and Mixed Vegetables)
- 1 tbsp shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (approximately ¼ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (approximately 2 tsp)
- 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Meat, Vegetables, and Noodles
- ⅓ lb beef top sirloin, thinly sliced
- 3 oz dry cellophane noodles (approximately 3¾ cups re-hydrated)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup carrots, julienned (approximately 1 carrot)
- ½ cup sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 cups napa cabbage, sliced
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp shoyu
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- In a large bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Add beef and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Soak cellophane noodles for 10 minutes and drain.
- In a small pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add cellophane noodles for 15-30 seconds. Rinse in cold water and drain. Set aside.
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium high heat and add oil. Add beef and cook until evenly brown. Stir in carrots, bamboo shoots, napa cabbage and spinach. Add cellophane noodles.
- Add sauce and reduce heat to medium. Cook until heated through.